When trying to distribute your release, if you have not correctly entered the metadata (the release information), the system may detect a validation error that will appear when clicking on the following button on the "4. Preview and Distribute" tab:
If the following message appears when you select the button ("Explicit lyrics field is required"):
It is that you have not checked the Explicit lyrics box in the "3. Tracks" tab.
How to solve it
To fix it you must follow these steps:
- Go to the "3. Tracks" tab of the release.
- Select an option in the "Explicit lyrics" dropdown menu:
- Swipe down and select "Save" to save your changes.
- Titles that have explicit language have to meet the language requirements specified in the Content Style Guide.
- Adding the "Parental Advisory" tag to the art cover for explicit content is compulsory.
Failure to correctly identify explicit content may result in your release being removed from the stores after it has been delivered or not being published at all.
If your track does not have explicit lyrics, La Cupula Music will mark it prior to sending it to the channels. This change has been implemented to avoid the misuse of the field.
If for some reason, even after making the necessary changes, you are still unable to validate the release, you can contact our support department: firstname.lastname@example.org.