"Pre-save" campaigns for Spotify are those campaigns where the artists can allow their fans to save a new release in their Spotify's collection/library before its release date. Here you will find two examples of external services that you can use:
Below we detail the process of the Spotify pre-save campaign request in smartURL:
- Sign up for a free smartURL account. Make sure to verify your email address after you’ve created your account; you’ll need to do this in order to get access to smartURL's pre-save tool.
- You will need the Spotify URI of the product. We can provide it to you if you request it from us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you receive the Spotify URI from us:
- Log in to your smartURL account and select the “PRE-SAVE” option.
- Enter your Spotify URI in the box labelled “Spotify Product Id”, then fill out the rest of the form to set up your pre-save page. You’ll see a preview of your pre-save page as you scroll down the form; you can customise this page if you want to use the “Customise Pre-save Page” options. Feel free to ignore any of the advanced options like “Additional Spotify Products”, “Customise Shareable Content”, “Advanced Retargeting”, etc.
- Click the “Save smartURL” button at the bottom of the page when you’re done. This will take you to a new page, where you’ll find the link to your new pre-save page.
Also, the tool Feature.FM allows to do the pre-save campaign, here is the explanation:
- Sign up for a free Feature.FM account. Select "I'm an Artist" for your account, and then search for your Artist in the field that will appear. Once selected, fill in all the required fields and save the changes. Finally, select the free plan.
- In your dashboard, click the button "+" in order to create a new smart link. Select the Pre-Release / Pre-Save.
- Fill in the "Release Date" field and the "Scan Source" field. This field can be filled with the UPC, the ISRC or the Spotify URL of your release.
- You can also fill the "Post Pre-Save Destination" field with the URL of the release in order to send the fans to the release once the release is live.
- Click the "Next" button at the top right of the page. Add an image, Title, Description and a Successful Pre-Save Message. You'll be able to see the preview.
- Finally, save the changes at the top right of the page, your release is now ready to share.