KKBOX is Taiwan-based music streaming and download service, which has been operating since October 2004. KKBOX has dealt with a significant number of international and local labels in South-East Asia. The Service is currently live in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, and Japan.
The existing Service consists of the following elements:
- Paid subscription featuring audio and video tracks but which does not feature advertising, available both to non-portable and mobile devices allowing unlimited streaming and offline plays of tethered downloads.
- Access to and the ability to ‘play’ tethered downloads lapses after the applicable end user’s subscription ends.
- Offered via daily, weekly, monthly and annual plans.
Sponsored Premium Service
- Enables a user to receive access to the Premium Service for up to two hours provided that the user has undertaken a certain action (such as watching an advertisement video, playing a sponsored online game or filling out a questionnaire).
- Paid subscription service providing high-resolution quality audio available both to non-portable and mobile devices allowing unlimited streaming and offline plays of tethered downloads.
- Currently available to subscribers based in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Offered via monthly and annual plans.
KKBOX offers music through streaming.
The Asian market, focusing on regions like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Macau.