At the moment it is not possible to use ISRC codes that are already generated in another user.
If for any reason you wish to take a release to a different account, it will be necessary to do a process similar to transferring the catalog from another distributor to La Cupula Music. In other words, it will be necessary to upload the release from the account to which you want to transfer, keeping all the metadata the same except the UPC and the ISRC codes generated in the other user.
Meanwhile, what channels such as Spotify confirm us in order to synchronize all the data of a content previously published through another distributor, is the following:
- The more data stays the same, the more likely the channel is to keep the release released in the same way as before.
- The ISRC is among the most important data, but it is not the only one.
- The duration of the track as example, the artist name as well as the other metadata must be identical as well.
- In addition, it is important to submit the content before unsubscribing the above, and wait until both releases are published. This allows you to check that the reproductions are linked (which may take a few days), before requesting the cancellation of the content with the previous distributor.
- Despite these rules being followed, no channel, Spotify first, takes responsibility for ensuring syncing takes place.
This is the summary, unfortunately we cannot confirm that they will be synchronized, but we know that the more data remains the same, the more likely there is.
If finally, and after having done all this, the reproductions were not synchronized, we would contact channels such as Spotify to follow up on the case and do everything possible to process it correctly.
Once the distribution is made and the launch appears duplicated in the channels, the first account can be withdrawn. However, keep in mind that the royalties generated until its withdrawal will continue to flow to the previous account.