Distribute your release step by step:
To distribute your album, you must login into the La Cupula Music platform and select "Create a release" (regardless of the format). This is the process that must always be done, whether it's an album, an EP or a single.
Once its created, you will have to follow in order the 6 tabs and fill in the requested information.
1. Album info:
In the tab "1. Release info" you must enter the following information:
- Cover Art. You must upload an image from your computer.
- Album (disc title). If it is a single of a single track, the title must be the same as that of the track.
- Remix or version. This field is not mandatory, it should only be filled in the case that the single or the album is a remix, a version or a special edition.
- Artists. You can introduce different artists with different roles.
- Label. If you don't work with a label, you can enter band's name or the main artist's name.
- Explicit Lyrics. It should only be marked if one or more tracks on the album contain explicit lyrics. This option should also be marked on track level.
- Format. It is necessary to specify whether it is a single, an EP or an album.
- UPC Code and reference number. If you do not have these codes you just have to check the box "Assign one to this album", in this way the platform will assign them for free and automatically as soon as the shipment to the stores is generated.
In the "2. Licenses" tab you will have to enter the following information:
- Price category. Select a price range. This will mark the price of your album in online stores.
- Digital Release Date. Date on which you want your albm to be published. Keep in mind that channels can take 2 to 15 days to publish it.
- Original Release Date.
- License Type. Copyright or Creative Commons.
- License Holder.
- (P) copyright for sound recordings: the name introduced here will be displayed in the bottom part of the release on Spotify.
Attach the files in this tab and edit the information of each one.
If it is the first time you distribute a release you must select "From your Computer" since the catalog will be empty.
Once the tracks are uploaded correctly, review and edit the information of each track. The information you enter here must match the information entered in the "1. Release info" tab. If necessary, adjust the order of the songs.
4. Preview and distribution
Here you will see all the album information that has been added. In the upper right section you will find a "Distribute this release" button. If any information is missing or does not match, this button will open the message "Validate this release" with the error specified and the distribution will not be available.
If everything is correct, by clicking that button you will see all available distribution channels. Select the channels you want. Once the channels have been selected, the summary of your order will appear and you can proceed to checkout. You only have to add your billing information and confirm the payment.
Once we receive the payment of the album, you will be able to check in the tab "5. History" if it has been approved by QC, and if it has been sent to the the platforms, where it will be available within a period of 2 to 15 days.
We recommend you consult our Style Guide to create the release correctly.