The Legal Deposit is an administrative act whose mission is to collect bibliographic material, which may be in the form of sound or made on any media. There for, this includes CD audio, DVD audio, and DVD video. In Spain, this management by each province, resulting in a code similar to this one: D.L .: B-xxxx-2012, which means:
- B: initials of the province (Barcelona, Madrid, etc)
- D.L.: Abbreviation of legal deposit.
- XXXX: it is a correlative number given by the Administration.
- 2012: It is the year of the edition: 2009, 2010, 2011….).
Legal Deposit is regulated by the Spanish Law. Its objectives are, among others:
- The compilation and preservation of a national collection of bibliographic materials of all kinds.
- Statistical control of editorial production.
- The constitution of regional or local bibliographic collections.
- Record an edition date.
What it is not?
It is not a registry of intellectual property, nor a manager of rights or copyright.
Where do I have to go to manage the legal deposit?
In Spain, the Legal Deposit can be requested by the manufacturer, the printer or the publisher of a disc. It can be obtained in the Culture Departments of the government delegations of the autonomous communities.
How to request legal deposit for my album?
You can request it on our website. Then you have to send us 4 copies to make the corresponding registration.
About the service:
If you want your Legal Deposit, your ISRC and UPC codes, we can assign them to you. If you have not yet created a distribution account, you can do it for free in our Digital Distribution system. You can distribute your music to digital channels. In addition, from La Cupula Music, you can distribute your music to digital channels, have your own VEVO channel. The digital distribution of your music is a crucial value in your career, as well as the manufacture of CDs, the manufacture of vinyl, graphic design, merchandising, the production of videoclips or the musical promotion of your work.
Article is closed for comments.